Business Mentor to Rochdale Women’s Enterprise Initiative
Advising pre-start, new and on-going business from a range of disciplines, ethnic minorities and ‘hard to reach’ potential users of the service. Role includes:
- One-to-one mentoring in all aspects of business support
- Delivery of Business start-up workshops
- Delivery of sector focused workshops to the retail and hospitality sector
Specific Client Support
- Business Planning
- Market Research
- Marketing Communications
- Public Relations
- Devising producing and delivery of Marketing Training Courses from one day taster sessions to 5 week advanced workshops
- Facilitator of Action Learning Sets
- Sponsorship research planning and implementation for the Women’s Enterprise Network.
Aimhigher – Greater Manchester
The brief from this client was to raise the profile of this national initiative to raise participation levels in higher education.
The consultancy included :-
- Production of a communications strategy action plan.
- Promotional event planning and marketing for an employer based foundation degree.
- Marketing and event planning for the Skills City initiative..
Training For Industry Programme (TIP)
EJS Marketing Consultancy established the TIP, sponsored by ERDF, BT, Manchester Airport, British Nuclear Fuels and British Aerospace, in conjunction with Salford University. This is a vehicle to provide training in specific skills areas for locally based companies.
The consultancy brief also included the design and production of the prospectus and the organisation of a series of promotional events and training cells.
Over four hundred companies have now benefited from training programmes in e-business, leadership, financial planning and marketing.
The major objective for the college is to establish long-term mutually beneficial partnerships with Greater Manchester businesses.
This was achieved through, a targeted Marketing Communications campaign which included identification of needs within target sectors and skill matching to the facilities and expertise within the college.
A “Passport to Enterprise” has been developed, offering a range of benefits, including training and development programmes, work placements, sponsorship opportunities and PR exposure for mutual benefit.
Working together with the College, EJS Marketing developed all material for the above, organised the direct mail campaign, telemarketing and attendance at all prospect visits. This approach proved to be well appreciated and very successful.